PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $66 billion in net revenue in 2014, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker, Rockstar Energy Drink and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales. At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our goal to deliver top-tier financial performance while creating sustainable growth and shareholder value. In practice, Performance with Purpose means providing a wide range of foods and beverages from treats to healthy eats; finding innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment and reduce our operating costs; providing a safe and inclusive workplace for our employees globally; and respecting, supporting and investing in the local communities where we operate.
Why PepsiCo Design?
At PepsiCo design, we have a saying: “We’re crazy enough to think we can inspire the future.” This is what drives us, in everything we imagine, develop and execute.
Our goal is clear: to connect PepsiCo’s beverage, snacks and nutrition portfolios, with today’s hyper-connected, networked users and consumers hungry for meaningful, authentic and relevant brand experiences across multiple touch points and regions of the world
The Brand Designer is responsible for execution of comprehensive brand design and graphic design projects for the Pepsi brand. Successful candidates will demonstrate superior ability to drive design thinking from ideation thru concept development, refinement, and execution. Creating high quality design solutions by directly executing design and leveraging internal/external design resources. As part of the Pepsi Design team, you will partner closely with internal and external design partners plus a cross-functional team to deliver final design solutions.
Designer: Responsible for partnering across different types of design projects.
- Ideally has a background in design for consumer brands
- Technically solid, able to illuminate ideas and visualize design stories across a variety of established and emerging digital platforms
- Will have a strong understanding of graphic design, illustration, animation, and gifs
- Great sketching skills and idea development techniques to create and communicate concepts
- Collaborative, able to ideate and construct ideas within a team-based design environment
- Support the visual identity for the Pepsi brand, working in collaboration with the North America Senior Design Manager and other design leaders across brand, product, packaging, equipment, marketing, and advertising.
- Generate creative design proposals (visions, scenarios, concepts) in order to visualize the desired output and share it with internal and external team members.
- Participate in research activities and effectively translate customer needs into actionable design strategy (must be able to execute those requirements into design solutions). Help drive to final design recommendations, decisions, and design approval to enable artwork execution/production phases. Ensure thorough consideration of all project variables and that the final solution will perform as planned.
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law.
- 2-4 years of studio or relevant experience
- Brand + Digital design background/ 360 identity
- Experience with package design, POS and key visual and social assets
- BFA or MFA in Design
- Strong skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity or experience with 3D rendering, animation and video editing
- Ability to quickly learn new software and integrate into daily work
- Confidence navigating color theory, typography, experimental layout design, photo manipulation, and color correction
- Strong organizational skills— able to manage and keep track of multiple working files
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively from idea to execution and distribution
- You’re plugged into the street-style / hype-culture scene
- You’re proactive and constantly looking for opportunities to push your own designs
- You can judge how much time to dedicate to a task based on the volume of work
- Ability to deliver at the speed of internet culture
- Your attention to detail is unmatched
EEO Guidelines: PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.