At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who You Are
- As a Business Development Executive – Public Sector you will
- Build relationship with identified client accounts
- Work with client to shape the opportunity and drive it internally and externally
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible for the development of business and closing of highly complex information technology solutions to senior client executives, which can include the government senior bureaucrats/officials, CEO, CFO, CIO, Board of Directors and evaluation committees or equivalent in the government organization.
- You will be required to work around the ecosystem of government and public Sector (Eg: funding organizations, policy makers, industry board and OEM’s etc)
- Required to have an in-depth understanding of the government client business, goals, strategies, key challenges, industry trends and directions. Lead large, multi-disciplined teams, and integrating products and services required to meet business needs.
- Understand market dynamics, initiatives and project well in advance thru Market Intelligence
- Responsible for identifying new business opportunities, designing go-to -market plans to deliver measurable quantifiable revenues
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 12+ years of working experience with Government and Public Sector clients
- Experience in handling large public sector accounts
- Experience in selling solutions and product
- Good understanding of cognitive technologies/AI/Advanced analytics/Big data/Automation/mobility/cloud/ERP
- Shown consultative sales solution skills, including the ability to articulate a clear, concise return on investment value statement
- Passion and dedication for customer success.
- Strategic account planning and execution skills.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Should be a BE/MBA
- Experience selling in government and public sector and across both IT and business units to customers in state ministries.
- Ability to sell both an application and deployment of a platform.
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, handle multiple contending priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a dynamic, complex, reciprocal and team-oriented environment.
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.